Application for a discharge book, British seaman's card (MSF 4509)
Application for a discharge book and or British seaman's card.
Bill of sale (MSF 4705)
Form declaring sale and transfer of ownership of a British registered ship.
How to apply for a revalidation of a certificate of competency
Application Form for revalidation of an existing STCW deck or engine officer certificate of competency (MSF 4201).
ML5 medical report form and certificate (MSF 4112)
A report for your medical history and current health; lets your doctor decide on your fitness to work safely at sea.
Register your boat with the coastguard's safety scheme
Register your boat with the UK coastguard using the Royal Yachting Association’s SafeTrx service
Guidance and regulation
Seafarer medical certificates
Get a medical certificate to work at sea - ENG 1 or ML5 medical certificates, how much they cost, how to apply
- How to apply for or revalidate a UK Certificate of Competence
Get a seaman's discharge book or British seaman's card
Information about who needs a seaman's discharge book and a British seaman's card
News and communications
Policy and engagement
- Merchant shipping minimum age regulations
- Intended pleasure vessel (IPV) code & pleasure vessel exemptions
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch: current investigations
- Liverpool Harbour Revision Order
- Safety lessons: keeping crews safe when living on fishing vessels in port
- Man overboard from stern trawler Illustris with loss of 1 life
- Sea passenger statistics (SPAS)