Seafarer medical certificates
Get a medical certificate to work at sea - ENG 1 or ML5 medical certificates, how much they cost, how to apply
Get a seaman's discharge book or British seaman's card
Information about who needs a seaman's discharge book and a British seaman's card
Application for a discharge book, British seaman's card (MSF 4509)
Application for a discharge book and or British seaman's card.
How to apply for a UK deck certificate of competency
Complete form MSF 4274, for a notice of eligibility (NOE) for an oral examination leading to the issue of a deck CoC (STCW) for masters, chief mates and officer of the watch.
How to apply for a revalidation of a certificate of competency
Application Form for revalidation of an existing STCW deck or engine officer certificate of competency (MSF 4201).
Guidance and regulation
News and communications
Research and statistics
- ENG1 and ML5 annual medical reports and summaries
- Seafarers in the UK Shipping Industry: 2017
- Seafarer statistics: data tables (SFR)
- Support for maritime training review
- Seafarer statistics: 2016
Policy papers and consultations
- Merchant shipping minimum age regulations
- Consultation post implementation review MLC, survey and certification regulations 2013