How to apply for a revalidation of a certificate of competency
Application Form for revalidation of an existing STCW deck or engine officer certificate of competency (MSF 4201).
How to apply for a UK deck certificate of competency
Complete form MSF 4274, for a notice of eligibility (NOE) for an oral examination leading to the issue of a deck CoC (STCW) for masters, chief mates and officer of the watch.
ML5 medical report form and certificate (MSF 4112)
A report for your medical history and current health; lets your doctor decide on your fitness to work safely at sea.
How to apply for a certificate of equivalent competency
Complete form MSF 4203, to apply for a certificate of equivalent competency
How to apply for a deck yacht certificate of competency
Complete MSF 4343, for an oral examination leading to a CoC (STCW) for deck officers on commercially and privately operated yachts and sail training vessels.
Guidance and regulation
- How to apply for or revalidate a UK Certificate of Competence
- Seafarers medical certification guidance
- MCA approved training providers (ATP)
- How to apply for a CEC for deck and engineer officers
- MSN 1856 (M+F) UK requirements for master and deck officers
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Support for maritime training review
- UK seafarer projections
- Maritime training: review of government support
- Review of the economic requirement for UK trained seafarers
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation post implementation review MLC, survey and certification regulations 2013
- Statutory Consultation – Amendments to the Merchant Shipping (Survey and Certification) Regulations
- Updating UK seafarer training standards
- Boatmasters’ qualifications, crew and hours of work regulations
- Tonnage tax minimum training commitment: overview