How to apply for a revalidation of a certificate of competency
Application Form for revalidation of an existing STCW deck or engine officer certificate of competency (MSF 4201).
How to apply for a UK deck certificate of competency
Complete form MSF 4274, for a notice of eligibility (NOE) for an oral examination leading to the issue of a deck CoC (STCW) for masters, chief mates and officer of the watch.
ML5 medical report form and certificate (MSF 4112)
A report for your medical history and current health; lets your doctor decide on your fitness to work safely at sea.
How to apply for a UK engineer officer certificate of competency
Complete form MSF 4275, for a notice of eligibility (NOE) for an oral examination leading to the issue of a CoC (STCW) for engineer officers.
How to apply for a certificate of equivalent competency
Complete form MSF 4203, to apply for a certificate of equivalent competency
Guidance and regulation
- How to apply for a CEC for deck and engineer officers
- MSN 1858 Requirements for deck officers on large yachts over 24m
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Support for maritime training review
- UK seafarer projections
- Maritime training: review of government support
- Review of the economic requirement for UK trained seafarers
Policy papers and consultations
- Boatmasters’ qualifications, crew and hours of work regulations
- Tonnage tax minimum training commitment: overview