Air Accidents Investigation Branch
Anniversary Statement for accident to Flight Design CT2K, G-CBDJ, at Beccles Airfield, Suffolk, on 24 March 2022.
Air accident monthly bulletin March 2023
The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
AAIB Report: Piper PA-28-140 (G-BCJN), Unsuccessful go-around, Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, 4 August 2022.
During a training exercise, a Piper PA-28-140 (G-BCJN) came to rest in a ditch after veering from the runway at Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, after an attempted go-around was not completed, 4 August 2022.
AAIB Report: Bombardier Global 6000 (LX-NST), Wingtip strike during baulked landing, London Luton Airport
On approach in gusty conditions, a Bombardier Global 6000 (LX-NST) was damaged after its right wing made contact with the runway at London Luton Airport on 7 April 2022.
AAIB Report: Reims Cessna FRA150M (G-BDNR), Engine failure due to failure of cylinder retention studs
During a training flight, a Reims Cessna FRA150M (G-BDNR) carried out a forced landing in a field approximately four miles from Retford Gamston Airport, Nottinghamshire, after suffering engine failure, 1 Aug 2022.
Annual Safety Review 2021
The AAIB Annual Safety Review 2021 has been published. It includes information on occurrences and the safety action taken or planned in response to AAIB investigations concluded in 2021.
Latest from Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- Anniversary Statement: Flight Design CT2K, G-CBDJ
- AAIB Report: Piper PA-28-140 (G-BCJN), Unsuccessful go-around, Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, 4 August 2022.
- AAIB Report: Bombardier Global 6000 (LX-NST), Wingtip strike during baulked landing, London Luton Airport
Subscribe to feed
What we do
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch investigates civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents within the UK, its overseas territories and crown dependencies.
AAIB works with the Department for Transport.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
Research and statistics
- Air accident monthly bulletin March 2023
- AAIB Record-only UAS investigations reviewed: December 2022 - January 2023
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- AAIB investigation to Bombardier Global 6000, LX-NST
- AAIB investigation to Reims Cessna FRA150M, G-BDNR
Report an accident or serious incident
24 hour reporting line
Berkshire Copse Road
Press Office (out of hours)
Requests for technical assistance from overseas accident investigation authorities
+44 1252 376999
Send us your website feedback and suggestions
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Jobs and contracts
Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.