Emergency and life-saving equipment on ships
Life-saving and fire-fighting equipment that ships must carry and how to maintain and service it
The CERS Workbook
Vessels and shipping agents should use the CERS Workbook to provide the information needed to the port authority.
e-Application for UK compulsory insurance certificate (MSF 3241)
Ship owners' form for electronic email applications to MCA for certification of evidence of bunker, tanker or passenger liability insurance.
Request to pay by credit card (CLC) (MSF 5187)
Form for ship owners and operators to use when applying to pay by credit card for MCA certification of civil liability certificates.
How to apply for an exemption of a Boatmasters' Licence
MSF 4286: Application form to be used when applying for an exemption of a Boatmasters' licence.
Guidance and regulation
- LY3: the large commercial yacht code
- MSN 1871 Construction and safe operation fishing vessels under 15m
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Assessment of ETV Provision for North and North West Scotland
- Enclosed spaces on sea-going vessels
- Lifejacket fatality figures
- Research project 521: driving safety culture
- Keeping safe at the coast: lifejacket wear - behavioural change
Policy and engagement
- Amendments to EU standards for seagoing domestic passenger ships
- Two new marine guidance notes to replace MGN 430
- MCA: Annual report and accounts 2017 to 2018
- Safety warning on the use of safety harness tethers on sailing yachts
- Port marine safety code and revised guide to good practice on port marine operations
- Passenger ship fires in 2010
- Offshore wind farms safety