The CERS Workbook
Vessels and shipping agents should use the CERS Workbook to provide the information needed to the port authority.
e-Application for UK compulsory insurance certificate (MSF 3241)
Ship owners' form for electronic email applications to MCA for certification of evidence of bunker, tanker or passenger liability insurance.
Request to pay by credit card (CLC) (MSF 5187)
Form for ship owners and operators to use when applying to pay by credit card for MCA certification of civil liability certificates.
Guidance and regulation
- MGN 280 (M) Construction standards for small vessels in sport use
- LY3: the large commercial yacht code
- MGN 592 Mooring, towing or hauling equipment on all vessels
- MGN 560 Servicing, testing, drilling of Lifeboats, Rescue boats
- Workboat Code
News and communications
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation on the impact assessment for the Merchant Shipping (Bridge Visibility Regulations) (Small Passenger Ships)
- Consultation on the Merchant Shipping (Safety of Navigation) Regulations
- Consultation post implementation review MLC, survey and certification regulations 2013
- Bridge visibility regulations small passenger ships 2017
- Two new marine guidance notes to replace MGN 430