Rail Accident Investigation Branch
- Current investigations and safety digests
- Search RAIB reports, safety digests and bulletins
- Catalogue of published reports by year
- Search our index of RAIB recommendations
- RAIB Annual Reports
- Summaries of learning
- Our legislation and regulations
- Our information leaflets and Memoranda of Understanding
- Report an accident or incident
- Subscribe to our news alert service
Urgent Safety Advice 02/2023: Overspeeding through Spital Junction
RAIB has today issued urgent safety advice addressed to Network Rail and transport undertakings who operate trains on the East Coast Main Line through Peterborough station.
Safety digest 03/2023: Teignmouth Boat Yard
RAIB has today released its safety digest into a near miss at Teignmouth Boat Yard, Devon, 14 February 2023.
Investigation into an incident at Clapham Common station on London Underground’s Northern Line, 5 May 2023.
RAIB: Annual Report 2022 (published 2023)
Rail Accident Investigation Branch report for the operational period ending 31 December 2022.
RAIB has today released its report into a track worker struck by train near Chalfont & Latimer station, Buckinghamshire, 15 April 2022.
RAIB has today released its report into a near miss at Farnborough North footpath level crossing, 19 May 2022.
Latest from Rail Accident Investigation Branch
What we do
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) independently investigates accidents to improve railway safety, and inform the industry and the public.
RAIB works with the Department for Transport.
News and communications
- Uncontrolled evacuation of a train at Clapham Common Underground station
- Report 05/2023: Track worker struck by train near Chalfont & Latimer station
Policy papers and consultations
- MOU between the AIBs and the NFCC
- Investigation of Railway Accidents and Incidents in the Channel Tunnel system
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Rail Accident Investigation Branch Derby
Main office number
Rail Accident Investigation Branch Farnborough
Berkshire Copse Road
GU11 2HP (Satnav GU11 2HH)
Main office number
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.