Armed forces


  • Get military records of service for the Royal Navy (including Royal Marines), British Army and Royal Air Force - who can apply, how long it takes, cost, how to apply.

  • Financial help if you're disabled - benefits, housing costs, council tax, vehicle tax exemption, TV Licence, motability schemes, VAT relief

  • Estimate your armed forces pension - get a forecast of your armed forces pension, apply online or by post

  • How to apply for a medal or veterans badge - who can apply, application forms, contact details, how long it takes, replacement military medals or badges

  • Who has the right to reside in the UK - if you're a British citizen, from the Republic of Ireland, the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.

Guidance and regulation

News and communications

Research and statistics

Policy papers and consultations

Transparency and freedom of information releases