Welcome to the service leaver’s guide information page.
The service leavers guide offers information and advice prior to and after leaving regular service.
The guide contains information about armed forces pensions, resettlement, reserve liability and support from charitable organisations.
Of particular importance to service leavers is the Pen 1 form which should be completed at the 6 month point prior to your last day of service using the link on your JPA account. If you do not have access to JPA you should compete and return the hardcopy form, no later than 6 months before your last day of service. The completion of the form is a legal requirement and failure to do so will result in a delay of the receipt of any terminal benefits and pension that you are entitled to.
The DBS process lead for termination and resettlement is responsible for ensuring that this document is accurate and relevant, issues and comments specific to this document are to be directed to DBSMilPers-FutDev-PP2-SO2@mod.uk.
Published: 1 June 2012
Updated: 13 November 2017
- Updated with the November edition.
- Updated with latest edition of the Service Leavers Guide
- Updated with the latest edition of the Service Leavers Guide
- Replaced the Service Leavers Guide with the latest version
- Updated with latest guide.
- Removed the feedback form
- Updated further details
- Page updated with latest Service Leavers Guide
- Replaced Service Leavers Guide with the latest edition.
- Replaced Services Leavers Guide with the latest edition.
- Updated 3 documents and removed 'Charity contact letter: consent for release of personal contact details'.
- Added link back in to Pen 1 form.
- Updated 1st and 4th paragraphs.
- Added replacement version of covering letter.
- Added new version of Service Leavers guide.
- Changed instances of pack to guide and replaced covering letter and feedback form.
- Added updated versions of SLP covering letter, consent form charity contact letter, Feedback form and Service Leaver Guide.
- Added useful links document.
- Added replacement documents and replacement detail.
- First published.