Running and managing a school

Governance, school admissions, premises, data collection and censuses, complaints, uniforms, setting up or changing a school's status.


  • Complain about a school - complaints process, when to complain to the Department for Education, the Education Funding Agency or Ofsted.

  • Ask your council about before and after school clubs and holiday play schemes run by a school, private or voluntary organisation

  • Childcare for your children before and after school - after-school clubs, breakfast clubs, homework clubs, childminders

  • Find out about the type of healthy food all maintained schools and academies in England have to provide under the school food standards.

  • Information and advice about what career choices are available for teenagers and young adults in England - National Careers Service

Guidance and regulation

News and communications

Research and statistics

Policy papers and consultations

Transparency and freedom of information releases