Model articles of association for academy trusts
Template documents with standard articles of association for different types of academy trust.
Academy and free school funding agreements
Model funding agreements for schools or groups establishing a new multi-academy trust and single or multi-academy trusts establishing new academies and free schools.
Setting up a free school
Set up a free school - find out what you need to do and how to increase your chance of success
Apply to become an academy
Application processes for mainstream and special schools applying to convert to academy status.
Private finance initiative (PFI) academies: model documents
Model documents for PFI schools converting to academy status.
Guidance and regulation
- Multi-academy trusts: establishing and developing your trust
- Independent school registration
- Convert to an academy: guide for schools
- Academies: making significant changes or closure by agreement
- Free schools: how to apply
News and communications
Policy papers and consultations
- Regulating independent educational institutions
- Schools that work for everyone
- Memorandum of understanding: Baker Dearing Educational Trust and DfE
- Voluntary-aided schools capital scheme: equalities impact assessment
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: academies and free schools
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- South-West England advisory board
- East of England and north-east London advisory board
- East Midlands and the Humber advisory board
- North-west London and south-central England advisory board
- Academy sponsor list