Apply to open a special or alternative provision free school
Guidance, assessment criteria and bid forms for local authorities seeking to establish new special or alternative provision free schools.
Model articles of association for academy trusts
Template documents with standard articles of association for different types of academy trust.
Setting up a free school
Set up a free school - find out what you need to do and how to increase your chance of success
Independent school registration (England and Wales)
You must register with the Department for Education or Welsh government if you run an independent school offering full time education
Academy and free school funding agreement: multi-academy trust
Model funding agreement for multi-academy trusts establishing new academies and free schools.
Guidance and regulation
News and communications
Policy papers and consultations
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: academies and free schools
- Academy invests in technology to transform teaching and learning
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- New school proposals
- Lancashire and West Yorkshire Headteacher Board
- Free schools and UTCs: successful applications
- West Midlands Headteacher Board
- South-West England Headteacher Board