On this page
Apply to become an academy
Application processes for mainstream and special schools applying to convert to academy status.
Academy conversion: support grant forms
Forms for schools converting to academies to claim the support grant and to declare what portion of the grant they've spent.
Academy conversion: land questionnaires
Documents to help schools converting to academy status submit their land information to the Department for Education.
Academy sponsor application form
If you are interested in becoming an academy sponsor, fill in the form and send it to your regional schools commissioner.
Academy conversion: model directions for transferring land
Documents for schools transferring the freehold of their school site to the academy trust as part of the academy conversion process.
Guidance and regulation
- Academy conversion: important dates
- Convert to an academy: guide for schools
- 1. Before you apply
- Sponsor an academy
- 3. Set up or join an academy trust
News and communications
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- South-West England headteacher board
- New school proposals
- West Midlands headteacher board
- South-East England and south London headteacher board
- North-west London and south-central England headteacher board