Apply to become an academy
Application processes for mainstream and special schools applying to convert to academy status.
Academy sponsor application form
If you are interested in becoming an academy sponsor, fill in the form and send it to your regional schools commissioner.
Academy conversion: support grant forms
Forms for schools converting to academies to claim the support grant and to declare what portion of the grant they've spent.
Academy conversion: model directions for transferring land
Documents for schools transferring the freehold of their school site to the academy trust as part of the academy conversion process.
Academy conversion: land questionnaires
Documents to help schools converting to academy status submit their land information to the Department for Education.
Guidance and regulation
- Convert to an academy: guide for schools
- 1. Before you apply
- Academy conversion: important dates
- 3. Set up or join an academy trust
- Sponsor an academy
News and communications
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- West Midlands headteacher board
- South-East England and south London headteacher board
- East of England and north-east London headteacher board
- North of England headteacher board
- South-West England headteacher board