© Crown copyright 2019
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/asbestos-management-assurance-process-amap-user-guide/asbestos-management-assurance-process-amap-portal-access-guide
Submit AMAP assurance declaration
You can use the asbestos management assurance process (AMAP) portal to submit your assurance declaration.
We have reopened the AMAP portal. This is to give responsible bodies a final chance to provide assured responses.
This information will help responsible bodies to work with schools and resolve the most common issues experienced when using the portal.
Responsible bodies should also read the Asbestos management assurance process user guide before they submit an assurance declaration.
Access the AMAP portal
You will need an AMAP code and responsible body ID number to submit your assurance declaration.
This information was sent to you in an email on or before 5 March 2018. Please check your inbox or spam folder.
If you cannot locate your AMAP code, please email Asbestos.AMAP@education.gov.uk.
Please include your official school or institution email address.
We will contact you within 7 working days and help you find the correct code.
Unable to click URN on dashboard
If you cannot click on the unique reference number (URN) to add information, please follow these steps:
- Log out of the responsible body dashboard
- Log in again using the school’s URN and AMAP code
- Log back in to the responsible body dashboard once you have completed the school form
- Use the dashboard to provide an assurance declaration
Schools viewable on dashboard that you are not responsible for
You may see schools on your dashboard which you are not responsible for.
If a school has closed or changed its status during the AMAP process, it will remain on your dashboard until the data cleansing process has finished.
The school will then be removed or transferred. This will not affect your assured response.
Make changes to a school form
Schools cannot change a form after it has been submitted. They must ask you to reopen the form instead.
To re-open a form:
- Login to the responsible body dashboard. Use the responsible body ID and URN that the Education and Skills Funding Agency sent to you in an email.
- Click on the school’s URN
- Review the summary of the form
- Click the ‘refer’ button at the end of the form. The school will then be able to change the form. Do not tick the ‘assurance declaration’.
School unable to make changes
Forms will remain as read-only if you ticked the assured declaration box before you pressed the refer button.
To fix this, refer the form again without ticking the assured declaration box.
We have published the AMAP report, which includes:
- an analysis of the data received
- a list of responsible bodies who provided responses
Please include your:
- official school or institution email address
- telephone number
We will reply to all emails in 7 working days.