Deprivation of liberty safeguards: resources
Resources for local authorities to support their roles as supervisory bodies for the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
Admission to hospital forms for use under the Mental Health Act
Admission forms (A1 to A11) for use in connection with compulsory admission to hospital under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Hospital forms for use under the Mental Health Act
Hospital forms (H1 to H6) for use in connection with individuals admitted to hospital.
Treatment forms for use under the Mental Health Act
Treatment forms (T1 to T6) for use in connection with patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983, who are in receipt of treatment for a mental disorder.
Miscellaneous forms for use under the Mental Health Act
Miscellaneous forms (M1 and M2) for use in connection with the Mental Health Act 1983.
Guidance and regulation
- Suicide Prevention Fund 2021 to 2022
- Code of practice: Mental Health Act 1983
- Liberty Protection Safeguards factsheets
- No Health Without Mental Health: a cross-government outcomes strategy
- National service framework: mental health
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Suicide prevention profile updates
- Severe mental illness (SMI) profile: December 2021 update
- COVID-19 mental health and wellbeing surveillance: Spotlights
- COVID-19 mental health and wellbeing surveillance: report
- Mental health and learning disability statistics in Northern Ireland: financial year ending March 2021
Policy papers and consultations
- Mental Health Units (Use of Force) Act 2018 statutory guidance
- The law about use of force in mental health units (easy read)
- Social prescribing approaches for migrants: call for evidence
- Reforming the Mental Health Act
- PACAC inquiry following PHSO report on failings at North Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust: government response
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Disability, mental health and wellbeing support in our workplace: BEIS voluntary report 2019
- Report on the Global Ministerial Mental Health Summit 2018
- Disability, wellbeing and mental health support in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office: 2019 report
- Monitoring the Mental Health Act: 2017 to 2018
- Number of girls in Birmingham aged 12 or 13 detained under MHA