Documents, certificates, letters and notes available at the British Consulate in Guatemala.
There is no British Embassy in Honduras. The British Embassy in Guatemala works with a network of three Honorary Consuls in Honduras who issue a range of legal documents for British nationals. An appointment must be made for each service. We have one Honorary Consul in Tegucigalpa, one in San Pedro Sula and one in Roatan, Bay Islands.
If there is no specific formal requirement for a notarial service or certificate to be provided by the British consulate, local notaries or lawyers can sometimes provide these services more conveniently, quickly and cheaply. Check with the relevant authority (eg Migration Office, tax authorities etc) either in the UK, Honduras or a third country, that our consular certificate or service will be accepted.
Your local British consulate cannot confirm this information, only the relevant authority can provide this confirmation. You can get examples of the wording of the consular certificates to present to the relevant authority for advice. Follow the step-by-step guide and request a sample certificate when the consular team contacts you to confirm your appointment.
Refunds of consular fees are not given for certificates or notarial services that are not accepted by the requesting authority. Fees for consular certificates and documents are paid at the consulate on the day of the appointment and can be paid by credit card, debit card or in cash.
Services we provide in Guatemala
- witnessing a signature
- administering an oath/affirmation
- initialling an alteration/marking an exhibit
- certifying copies of British passports
- letter of nationality
- taking notice of an intended marriage
- certificates of no impediment (contact us for information on the process)
For detailed information on the services we provide in Guatemala can be found here.
Please also see our additional information on marriage.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please refer to the list of services which may be provided elsewhere.
If you still cannot find what you are looking for you can contact our Honorary Consuls (see below) or the British Embassy in Guatemala City.
Book an appointment for a notarial act or certificate
- Send an email to the relevant Honorary Consul requesting the service you need. Please send all necessary information.
- Please wait for confirmation that your appointment is confirmed. Honorary Consul should send you a response within 24 hours.
- Should you need to cancel or change your appointment, please let the Honorary Consul know that you need to change or cancel the appointment.
For appointments with the Honorary Consulate in Tegucigalpa
Contact the British Embassy in Guatemala
16 Calle 00-55
Edificio Torre Internacional
Telephone number: (502) 2380 7300