You can use this service to:
- view your driving record, eg vehicles you can drive
- check any penalty points or disqualifications you have
- create a licence ‘check code’ to share your driving record with someone, eg a car hire company
The ‘check code’ will be valid for 21 days.
You can’t use this service:
- if your licence was issued outside of England, Wales or Scotland
- to check the progress of a licence application
- to check historical information, eg expired penalty points
- your driving licence number
- your National Insurance number
- the postcode on your driving licence
It’s a criminal offence to obtain someone else’s personal information without their permission.
You can use GOV.UK Verify to access your driving licence information and get a licence check code.
If you haven’t used GOV.UK Verify before, it will take you about 10 minutes to get set up.
0300 083 0013
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm
Find out about call charges
You can either send a request form or a letter with the following information to the DVLA:
- your full name and address
- your driver licence number (or your date of birth if you don’t know your driver number)
Send your request to:
Driver Licence Validation Service