Find out what information DVLA holds about your driving licence or change your contact details.
Start now on the Directgov website
To use the online service you’ll need to have a photocard licence, which you applied for online.
What you can find out
The following information is held on your records:
- what sort of vehicles you can drive
- details of any penalty points or fines
- when your licence expires
- your contact information
- personal details, eg date and place of birth
What you can change
You can also use the service to change your email address and telephone number, but not to change your address.
Ask for your driving licence information by post
To see what information the DVLA holds on your driving licence you can either send a request form or a letter with the following information to the DVLA:
- your full name and address
- your driver licence number (or your date of birth if you don’t know your driver number)
You must include a cheque or postal order for £5 payable to ‘DVLA, Swansea’.
Send your request to:
Driver Licence Validation Service
It’s a criminal offence to obtain someone else’s personal information without their permission.