Apply for a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)
Applying for your free Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) or European Health Insurance Card (EHIC): who can apply and where you can use them.
Get your document legalised
Use the online service to get a UK document legalised.
Hand luggage restrictions at UK airports
Hand luggage restrictions at UK airports - carry-on luggage, checked-in baggage, restricted items and liquids, electronic devices carried from Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt and Saudi Arabia
Bringing your pet dog, cat or ferret to Great Britain
Bringing pets into Great Britain: pet passports, Great Britain pet health certificates, microchipping, rabies vaccinations, travelling with assistance dogs.
Bringing goods into the UK for personal use
Bringing in goods for personal use when you travel to the UK from abroad - types of tax and duty, duty free, EU and non-EU arrivals, banned and restricted goods.
Guidance and regulation
- Passport rules for travel to Europe
- Foreign travel insurance
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender foreign travel advice
- Foreign travel checklist
- Healthcare for UK nationals visiting the EU
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Overseas travel and tourism: December 2021 provisional results
- Attitudes towards COVID-19 among passengers travelling into and out of the UK: July 2021 to December 2021
- Overseas travel and tourism: November 2021 provisional results
- Overseas travel and tourism: April to June 2021
- Overseas travel and tourism: July 2021 provisional results
Policy papers and consultations
- Pet travel: planned changes to the EU scheme
- Consular and Crisis Strategy 2022
- Memorandum of understanding: Common Travel Area healthcare arrangements between the UK/Northern Ireland and Ireland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) government-assisted return by air: letter to the airline industry
- Helping British people overseas: Consular services 2016 to 2020
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Healthcare (EEA and Switzerland Arrangements) Act 2019 annual report
- FOI release: travel safety campaign