- Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- 17 April 2013
Documents, certificates, letters available at the British High Commission in Malawi.
The British High Commission in Milawi offers limited notarial services as British consular officers in Commonwealth countries have no powers under the Commissioners for Oaths Act 1889 to undertake notarial acts, administer oaths or take affidavits which will be effectual in the United Kingdom.
How to legalise a document
British consular officials in Malawi have no notary powers and cannot certify, notarise or legalise a document. This function is carried out by a local notary or lawyer in Malawi.
If you cannot find what you are looking for please refer below to the list of services which may be provided elsewhere or the British High Commission Lilongwe for a complete list of services in Malawi.
Getting married in Malawi
Please see our information on marriage.
Services provided elsewhere
- legalising UK documents/certificates: Legalisation Office
- provide copies of British birth, death and marriage certificates: General Register Office
- information on marriage in the UK
- taxation and UK National Insurance contributions certificates: HM Revenues & Customs
- renew British driving licences or provide certificates regarding British driving licences: Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- certificates confirming British nationality: UK Border Agency
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office holds and uses data for purposes notified to the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such personal data may be disclosed to other UK government departments and public authorities.