- British High Commission Singapore
- Part of:
- Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, and The Occupied Palestinian Territories
- First published:
- 3 March 2015
- Last updated:
- 6 March 2015, see all updates
UK Visas and Immigration is making changes to the Secure English Language Tests (SELT) required by some visa customers.
Two new providers have been selected to deliver approved Secure English Language Tests and will replace current providers from 6 April 2015.
The two new test providers are:
- Trinity College London (in the UK only)
- IELTS SELT Consortium (in the UK and the Rest of the World)
The new SELT test centres are spread throughout the UK and the rest of the world and will continue to provide easy access for applicants, including a number of new ‘pop-up’ centres in locations where testing was previously not available.
Applicants should go to the SELT page on this website for further information and to find out where their nearest test centre is located. Further information for customers located outside the UK on how to book a test will be available on the IELTS website later this month
Applicants who take the language test on or before 5 April 2015 with the current providers will be able to use their certificates until 5 November 2015.
Customers who require a SELT should only book a test with a new provider from 6 April. Tests taken with old providers from 6 April will not be acceptable with your visa application.
Published: 3 March 2015
Updated: 6 March 2015
- Japanese translation added
- First published.
Part of: Azerbaijan Bahrain Bangladesh Brunei Burma Cambodia China Egypt Fiji Hong Kong India Indonesia Iran Iraq Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kuwait Laos Lebanon Malaysia Mongolia Nepal North Korea Oman Pakistan Papua New Guinea Philippines Qatar Saudi Arabia Singapore Solomon Islands South Korea Sri Lanka Syria Taiwan Thailand Turkey United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen The Occupied Palestinian Territories