Dealing with HMRC


  • HMRC services: sign in or register

    Sign in or register for your personal or business tax account, Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE for employers, VAT and other services

  • Personal tax account: sign in or set up

    Sign in to or set up a personal tax account to check and manage HMRC records: includes Income Tax, change of address, Self Assessment, company car tax and Marriage Allowance

  • Contact HMRC

    Contact details and helplines for enquiries with HMRC on tax, Self Assessment, Child Benefit or tax credits

  • Pay your Self Assessment tax bill

    Payment options for your Self Assessment tax bill - Direct Debit, bank transfer, through your tax code, debit or credit card, cheque and flexible payments

  • Tell HMRC about a change to your personal details

    How to tell HMRC if there's a change to your personal details - address, name, income, marital status, gender

See all services

Guidance and regulation

See all guidance and regulation

News and communications

  1. HMRC warns it's time to declare offshore assets
  2. Government launches new, global-leading counter-fraud and economic crime profession
  3. Top football agent scores £1.2 million tax avoidance own goal
  4. More than a million people still to need to renew their tax credits
See all news and communications

Research and statistics

See all research and statistics

Policy and engagement

See all policy and engagement


See all transparency