The deadline for your payment will depend on your taxable profits.
Taxable profits of up to £1.5 million
You must pay your Corporation Tax 9 months and 1 day after the end of your accounting period. Your accounting period is usually your financial year, but you may have 2 accounting periods in the year you set up your company.
Taxable profits of more than £1.5 million
You must pay your Corporation Tax in instalments.
Check the rules and deadlines:
- if your taxable profits are between £1.5 million and £20 million
- if your taxable profits are more than £20 million
Ways to pay
The time you need to allow depends on how you pay.
You can no longer pay at the Post Office.
Same day or next day
3 working days
- Direct Debit (if you’ve set one up before)
- online by debit or corporate credit card
- at your bank or building society
5 working days
- Direct Debit (if you have not set one up before)
You cannot pay Corporation Tax by post.
If the deadline falls on a weekend or bank holiday, make sure your payment reaches HMRC on the last working day before it (unless you’re paying by Faster Payments).