Use the online Corporation Tax service to file your limited company or organisation’s Company Tax Return with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
You may also be able to use this service to file your accounts jointly with Companies House.
Start now on HMRC online services
Before you start
To use HMRC’s Corporation Tax service you’ll need your:
- Government Gateway user ID and password - register for an HMRC online account if you don’t have one
- company accounts
- Corporation Tax calculations
- supporting documents if you’re asked for them, eg claims for relief
You’ll also need your Companies House password and authentication code if you’re filing your accounts jointly with Companies House - register online with Companies House if you haven’t already.
Create these in the online ‘accounts template’ or upload either:
- your limited company’s statutory accounts
- the accounts required by your unincorporated association’s rules
Corporation Tax calculations
Enter these in the online ‘computations template’ or upload your own calculations.
When you can file jointly with Companies House
You can file your accounts jointly with Companies House if both of the following apply:
- you have a private limited company that doesn’t need an auditor
- your accounts cover the same dates as your tax return
You can also file your accounts with Companies House separately if you can’t file them jointly.