Use this service to file your company or association’s:
- Company Tax Return (CT600) for Corporation Tax with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- accounts to Companies House
- Company Tax Return and accounts at the same time if they’re for the same accounting period
The service will automatically convert your accounts to the required format (iXBRL).
If you’re a charity or unincorporated association you can only use this service to file your Company Tax Return. You’ll need to use filing software to file your accounts online with Companies House.
There is a different process if you need to file your confirmation statement (annual return) with Companies House.
Before you start
To use this service you’ll need your:
- Company’s annual accounts - they must be ‘balanced’, so your total assets should match what you owe
- Government Gateway user ID and password - if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you first use this service
- Companies House password and authentication code (if you’re filing your accounts at the same time) - you get these when you register with Companies House
Other ways to file
You can only use the paper form (CT600) if either:
- you’re unable to file online because you have a reasonable excuse
- you want to file in Welsh
You must also fill in and post form WT1 to explain why you’ve used the paper form.