Use HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC’s) online service to file a tax return for your company, charity or association.

You’ll need your company’s annual accounts. They must be ‘balanced’, so your total assets should match what you owe.

If you’re an unincorporated association like a sports club, you’ll need to upload a PDF of your accounts.

There’s a different process if you only need to file your accounts or annual return with Companies House.

Start now

Before you start

You’ll need your:

When to use commercial software

You’ll need to use commercial software if you want to file:

  • company accounts to Companies House and your turnover is more than £6.5 million
  • a Company Tax Return to HMRC and your turnover is more than £632,000

Other ways to apply

You can only use the paper form (CT600) if you’re unable to file online because you have a reasonable excuse.