Tax compliance


  1. Tax on foreign income

    Find out whether you need to pay UK tax on foreign income - residence and ‘non-dom’ status, tax returns, claiming relief if you’re taxed twice (including certificates of residence)

  2. Declare or report cash in hand pay

    Report a business or your employer to HMRC if they're paying workers 'cash in hand' - or declare payments if you're working for yourself

  3. HMRC: disclosure service

    Use this service to make a disclosure if you, your company or client have not declared all income or gains.

  4. Report tax evasion

    Report someone to HMRC if you think they're evading tax

  5. If you haven't told HMRC about income

    Tell HMRC about undeclared income, self-employment, capital gains, profits in a company and foreign income

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. Make a disclosure using the Worldwide Disclosure Facility
  2. HMRC Profit Diversion Compliance Facility
  3. Let Property Campaign: your guide to making a disclosure
  4. Requirement to Correct tax due on offshore assets
  5. How to apply for clearance or approval of a transaction from HMRC
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

  1. Government launches new, global-leading counter-fraud and economic crime profession
  2. Top football agent scores £1.2 million tax avoidance own goal
  3. UK ratifies global treaty to tackle illegal tobacco trade
  4. Updates to FATCA reporting requirements
See more news and communications in this topic

Policy papers and consultations

  1. Vehicle Excise Duty increases for cars, vans, motorcycles and motorcycle trade licences
  2. Extension of offshore time limits for the assessment of tax
  3. Assets made available to employees without transfer
  4. Part surrenders and part assignments of life insurance policies
  5. Corporation Tax: tax deductibility of corporate interest expense
See more policy papers and consultations in this topic