Complain about pay and work rights

Use the online form to complain about not being paid the National Minimum Wage, employment agencies, gangmasters or working hours.


Complain about pay and work rights


Use this form if you have concerns about:

  • an employment agency
  • working time limits (48 hour working week)
  • National Minimum Wage
  • minimum wage when working in farming or agriculture

You can report an employer even if you no longer work there.

If you do not want HMRC to give the employer information about who’s made the complaint, tell us on the form.

You can get someone else to complain on your behalf, but HMRC will need to ask for your permission.

We cannot take your complaint forward if you’ve already started Tribunal action for a National Minimum Wage issue.

Contact the Acas helpline if you have any difficulty using this form. The helpline has a free translation service.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Get more information

Find more help and guidance on pay and work rights on:

Updates to this page

Published 25 January 2017
Last updated 12 March 2024 + show all updates
  1. Information about who can use the form to make a complaint about pay and work rights has been updated. A new section about how you can get more help has been added.

  2. Details added on how to complain to the ACAS telephone helpline.

  3. Complain about pay and work rights form link updated.

  4. First published.

Sign up for emails or print this page