Help and advice for workers and employers on rights and obligations at work.

Acas helpline and other resources

You can:

Acas helpline
Telephone: 0300 123 1100
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8am to 8pm
Tuesday and Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

Acas provides free and confidential advice to employers, employees and their representatives on employment rights, best practice and policies, and resolving workplace conflict. The helpline has a free translation service for over 100 languages.

You can ask Acas about:


You can make a direct complaint about your employer or employment agency to the relevant government enforcement body as follows:

  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) - about the National Minimum Wage
  • Employment Agency Standards inspectorate - about employment agency legislation (except Agency Worker Regulations)
  • Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLA) – about agency workers in agriculture, horticulture, shellfish gathering or associated processing and packaging
  • Health and Safety Executive (HSE) - about working time issues, including maximum weekly working hours
  • the Agricultural Wages Team in the Rural Payments Agency - about agricultural wages

You can also make a complaint on behalf of someone else.