Help and advice for workers and employers on rights and obligations at work.
Find out the support available to workers and employers because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Acas helpline and other resources
Acas provides free and confidential advice to employers, employees and their representatives on employment rights, best practice and policies, and resolving workplace conflict. The helpline has a free translation service for over 100 languages.
You can ask Acas about:
You can make a complaint about your employer or employment agency, or complain on behalf of someone else.
Your complaint will be directed to:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), if it’s about the National Minimum Wage
- Employment Agency Standards inspectorate, if it’s about employment agency legislation (except Agency Worker Regulations)
- Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA), if it’s about agency workers in agriculture, horticulture, shellfish gathering or associated processing and packaging
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE), if it’s about working time issues, including maximum weekly working hours
- the Agricultural Wages Team in the Rural Payments Agency, if it’s about agricultural wages