Security Industry Authority
- Log in to your SIA online account
- Apply for an SIA licence
- Renew your SIA licence
- Find out how long it will take to get an SIA licence
- Search our register of licence holders
- Find out if you need an SIA licence
- Search for a training provider
- Report illegal activity in the private security industry
- Apply for ACS approval
- Search our register of approved contractors
How to get an SIA licence
How to apply for an SIA licence so that you can work in the private security industry.
How to become an SIA approved contractor
How to get your company approved by the Security Industry Authority.
Learn how we enforce SIA regulation
SIA regulation: how the SIA enforces the law and what the penalties are for breaking it.
What the changes are, when they will happen, and how they affect SIA licence applicants and licence holders.
Today (11 April 2023) the Security Industry Authority (SIA) announced the award of its 2022 to 2023 grant for good causes.
Security at events
When planning an event, make sure that your security operatives are complying with the law.
Latest from the Security Industry Authority
What we do
We are the regulator of the UK’s private security industry.
SIA is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Home Office.
- Check security staff have a licence to work
- Report security staff or companies to the Security Industry Authority (SIA)
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- Cardigan man prosecuted for working illegally at a local wine bar
- Manchester Arena attack: a message of remembrance from the SIA
Research and statisticsSee all research and statistics
Policy papers and consultationsSee all policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Security Industry Authority
Business support line
0300 123 9298
Licence applicants and licence holders: please contact us through your SIA online account or our contact form (link above).
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Please choose 'General Enquiry' as the category, and 'Freedom of Information' as the topic.
You need to give us your full name (first name, surname/family name and any middle names) and a contact email or postal address so we can reply to you.
When you send your request, please give us as much detail as possible about the information you need.
The Freedom of Information Act gives a right of access to recorded information held by public authorities. We are not required to create new information to respond to a request, or give a judgement or opinion that is not already recorded.
If you are requesting statistical information about SIA licence holders, licence applications or our Approved Contractor Scheme, you may find the information you need in the reports we publish every month - see the 'Research and statistics' section above.
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.