On this page
Environmental permit: pre-application advice form including nature and heritage conservation screening
Use this form to get help from the Environment Agency to complete your environmental permit application and if you need a heritage and nature conservation screen.
Endangered species: apply for a commercial use certificate
Form and guidance to apply for a certificate to use a CITES-listed specimen for commercial purposes.
Application to use herbicides in or near water
Use this form if you plan to use herbicides to control weeds in water or on the banks next to a waterbody or watercourse.
Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: forms, templates and guidance
Forms, templates and guidance for projects funded by the Challenge Fund, including annual report templates.
Endangered species: apply for a waiver from paying permit fees
Use this guidance and form to apply for an exemption from CITES fees because of conservation work.
Guidance and regulation
- Endangered species: imports and exports
- Wild birds: protection and licences
- Identify a tree pest or disease: overview
- Darwin Initiative: applying for main project funding
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Natural Capital Committee: natural capital terminology
- Northern Ireland environmental statistics report 2019
- England Natural Environment Indicators
- Natural Capital Committee advice to government on net environmental gain
- Natural Capital Committee advice on marine management
Policy papers and consultations
- Biodiversity net gain: updating planning requirements
- Safeguarding the environment in British Overseas Territories: call for evidence
- Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: List of projects
- Natural Capital Committee’s sixth annual report: government response
- National pollinator strategy: for bees and other pollinators in England
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Cumbria BogLIFE project
- Environment Agency annual fisheries reports
- Fish Health Inspectorate: Reports 2018
- Marches Mosses BogLIFE project
- Results-Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme (RBAPS) pilot study in England