Environmental permit: pre-application advice form including heritage and nature conservation screening
Forms for requesting Environment Agency pre-application advice or a heritage and nature conservation screen. Select the correct form according to permit type.
Endangered species: apply for a commercial use certificate
Form to apply for a certificate to use a CITES-listed specimen for commercial purposes.
Application to use herbicides in or near water
Use this form if you plan to use herbicides to control weeds in water or on the banks next to a waterbody or watercourse.
Endangered species: apply for a waiver from paying permit fees
Use this guidance and form to apply for an exemption from CITES fees because of conservation work.
Invasive non-native (alien) species: licence to manage and control them (IAS A02)
Apply for a licence to manage and control certain non-native (alien) species.
Guidance and regulation
- Import or export endangered species: check if you need a CITES permit
- Wild birds: protection and licences
- Enabling a Natural Capital Approach (ENCA)
- Commercial use of endangered species: check if you need a CITES certificate
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
News and communications
Research and statistics
- UK breeds at risk from exotic animal disease outbreaks
- UK farm animal genetic resources (FAnGR): breed inventory results
- Wild bird populations in England
- ENV08 - Wild bird populations in England
- Wild bird populations in the UK
Policy papers and consultations
- Aarhus convention national implementation report 2021
- Safeguarding the environment in British Overseas Territories: call for evidence
- Biodiversity net gain: updating planning requirements
- Natural Capital Committee’s seventh annual report: government response
- Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: List of projects
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES project
- Results-Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme (RBAPS) pilot study in England
- Environment (Wales) Act 2016 Part 1 Section 6: The Biodiversity and Resilience of Ecosystems
- Cumbria BogLIFE project
- Fish Health Inspectorate: Reports 2018