Environmental permit: pre-application advice form including nature and heritage conservation screening
Use this form to get help from the Environment Agency to complete your environmental permit application and if you need a heritage and nature conservation screen.
Application to use herbicides in or near water
Use this form if you plan to use herbicides to control weeds in water or on the banks next to a waterbody or watercourse.
Zoos or zoo inspectors should use these forms when carrying out inspections.
Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: forms, templates and guidance
Forms, templates and guidance for projects funded by the Challenge Fund, including annual report templates.
Fish pass approval: application
Form (FP002) and guidance (FP003) for approval to install a fish pass on a river, in connection with a hydroelectric-power scheme application.
Guidance and regulation
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
- Wild birds: protection and licences
- Identify a tree pest or disease: overview
- Darwin Initiative: applying for main project funding
- Lists of recognised breed societies and breeding operations
News and communications
Research and statistics
- UK farm animal genetic resources (FAnGR): breed inventory results
- Wild bird populations in England
- ENV08 - Wild bird populations in England
- Wild bird populations in the UK
- England Natural Environment Indicators
Policy papers and consultations
- Biodiversity net gain: updating planning requirements
- National FCERM strategy: Strategic Environmental Assessment scoping report
- National Pollinator Strategy 2014 to 2024: implementation
- Declaration: London Conference on the Illegal Wildlife Trade 2018
- Darwin Plus grant: Penguins in the Southern Ocean
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Cumbria BogLIFE project
- Environment Agency annual fisheries reports
- Marches Mosses BogLIFE project
- Results-Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme (RBAPS) pilot study in England
- Humberhead Peatlands restoration LIFE+ project