On this page
Environmental permit: pre-application advice form including nature and heritage conservation screening
Use this form to get help from the Environment Agency to complete your environmental permit application and if you need a heritage and nature conservation screen.
Endangered species: apply for a commercial use certificate
Form and guidance to apply for a certificate to use a CITES-listed specimen for commercial purposes.
Application to use herbicides in or near water
Use this form if you plan to use herbicides to control weeds in water or on the banks next to a waterbody or watercourse.
Invasive alien species: licence to manage and control them (IAS A02)
Apply for a licence to manage and control certain alien (non-native) species.
Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: forms, templates and guidance
Forms, templates and guidance for projects funded by the Challenge Fund, including annual report templates.
Guidance and regulation
- Check if you need a CITES permit to import or export endangered species
- Enabling a Natural Capital Approach (ENCA)
- Wild birds: protection and licences
- Enabling a Natural Capital Approach (ENCA): Guidance
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Environmental Statistics Report Supplementary Publication - NI PfG indicator 45: Biodiversity
- Natural Capital Committee’s seventh annual report
- Landscape quality: A rapid review of the evidence
- ENV09 - England biodiversity indicators
- UK Biodiversity indicators
Policy papers and consultations
- Biodiversity net gain: updating planning requirements
- Safeguarding the environment in British Overseas Territories: call for evidence
- Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: List of projects
- Natural Capital Committee’s sixth annual report: government response
- National pollinator strategy: for bees and other pollinators in England
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES project
- Environment (Wales) Act 2016 Part 1 Section 6: The Biodiversity and Resilience of Ecosystems
- Results-Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme (RBAPS) pilot study in England
- Cumbria BogLIFE project
- Environment Agency annual fisheries reports