Environmental permit: pre-application advice form including heritage and nature conservation screening
Forms for requesting Environment Agency pre-application advice or a heritage and nature conservation screen. Select the correct form according to permit type.
Endangered species: apply for a commercial use certificate
Form to apply for a certificate to use a CITES-listed specimen for commercial purposes.
Application to use herbicides in or near water
Use this form if you plan to use herbicides to control weeds in water or on the banks next to a waterbody or watercourse.
Invasive non-native (alien) species: licence to manage and control them (IAS A02)
Apply for a licence to manage and control certain non-native (alien) species.
Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund: forms, templates and guidance
Forms, templates and guidance for projects funded by the Challenge Fund, including annual report templates.
Guidance and regulation
- Import or export endangered species: check if you need a CITES permit
- Wild birds: protection and licences
- Biodiversity metric: calculate the biodiversity net gain of a project or development
- Enabling a Natural Capital Approach (ENCA)
- Create ponds and lakes
News and communications
Research and statistics
- UK farm animal genetic resources (FAnGR): breed inventory results
- State of the water environment indicator B3: supporting evidence
- Linking the presence of invasive non-native species to measures of ecological quality
- UK breeds at risk from exotic animal disease outbreaks
- Wild bird populations in England
Policy papers and consultations
- Aarhus convention national implementation report 2021
- Sustainable Farming Incentive pilot: environmental outcomes and benefits
- England Peat Action Plan
- River basin management plans: use of strategic environmental assessment screening
- Natural Capital Committee’s seventh annual report: government response
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Results-Based Agri-environment Payment Scheme (RBAPS) pilot study in England
- Environment (Wales) Act 2016 Part 1 Section 6: The Biodiversity and Resilience of Ecosystems
- Cumbria BogLIFE project
- Fish Health Inspectorate: Reports 2018
- Marches Mosses BogLIFE project