Research and analysis
UK native animal breeds at risk list
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- FAnGR resources for farmers and livestock breeders, Animal and plant health, and Biodiversity and ecosystems
- First published:
- 1 July 2012
- Last updated:
- 13 June 2014, see all updates
The UK native breeds at risk (NBAR) list is for reference when claiming payments under the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE).
PDF, 147KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 54KB, 2 pages
The Farm Animal Genetic Resources Committee identified the breeds that meet the criteria specified in the EU’s rural development regulations. The list has been accepted by the EU Commission and informs the Rural Development Programme for England.
You can read more information about the work of the Farm Animal Genetic Resources Committee.
Published: 1 July 2012
Updated: 13 June 2014
- UK native breeds at risk list (NBAR) document replaced with updated version.
- Updated the Native Breeds at Risk document.
- First published.