Charities and social enterprises


  • Change your charity's details

    Change your charity's details with the Charity Commission online

  • Send a charity's annual return

    You must send an annual return if your charity’s income is more than £10,000. All charities must keep their registered details up to date

  • Claim Gift Aid online

    Submit a claim for Gift Aid, the Gift Aid small donation scheme (GASDS) and other income; schedule spreadsheets; registering and enrolling for a Charities Online account; activation codes

  • Set up a charity

    To start a charity you need trustees, to choose a business structure, decide suitable charitable purposes and you may have to register with the Charity Commission

  • Claiming Gift Aid as a charity or CASC

    What Gift Aid is, who can claim, what donations are eligible for Gift Aid, Gift Aid declarations for your charity or community amateur sports club (CASC), how to claim

See all services

Guidance and regulation

See all guidance and regulation

News and communications

  1. Make sure you submit your charity annual return on time
  2. Start Egypt further supports start-ups in its first office in Cairo
  3. Government outlines vision to empower and invest in society
  4. Charity automatic disqualification rules: changes to the law
See all news and communications

Research and statistics

See all research and statistics

Policy papers and consultations

See all policy papers and consultations