- Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Department for International Development, Ministry of Defence, and Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Part of:
- Anguilla, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Dominican Republic Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, USA, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Dominica, Haiti, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, St Lucia, Bonaire/St Eustatius/Saba, Guadeloupe, Martinique, and St Maarten
- 6 September 2017
- Last updated:
- 24 September 2017, see all updates
Summarises the UK government response and gives advice for British nationals affected by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria.
Hurricanes Irma and Maria have affected large parts of the Caribbean. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has updated travel advice to provide guidance for British nationals who are in countries and overseas territories affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
The hotline for British people affected or concerned about others: +44 (0)20 7008 0000.
Latest travel advice for places affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Dominican Republic
- St Eustatius and Saba
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Maarten
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos Islands
See also the guidance on what to do if you’re affected by a crisis overseas.
Subscribe to e-mail alerts for GOV.UK travel advice updates.
Facts and figures
- UK government response in numbers: 15 September
- UK government response in numbers: 13 September
- UK government response in numbers: 11 September
- First Secretary of State’s update on government response to Hurricanes Irma and Maria
- International Development Secretary: UK ready to respond to Hurricane Maria
- Sir Alan Duncan’s post-COBR meeting statement on Hurricane Maria
- Foreign Secretary’s United Nations General Assembly meeting on Burma and also Hurricane Irma
- Overseas Territories Minister visits the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Over 60 tonnes of UK aid has now reached the Caribbean
- Public Health England experts to aid recovery on storm-hit Overseas Territories
- Foreign Secretary’s press conference with Rex Tillerson
- £1.3 million raised for Hurricane Irma British Red Cross Appeal
- Bermuda’s support for the hurricane relief effort
- Foreign Secretary’s visit to the UK Overseas Territories
- Foreign Secretary to host high level talks on Hurricane Irma
- UK continues to urgently deliver vital aid
- International Development Secretary’s update on the UK response
- Sir Alan Duncan’s statement to the House of Commons
- Foreign Secretary to visit hurricane-hit islands
- Foreign Secretary’s post-COBR meeting statement on support for the UK Overseas Territories
- Their ordeal is not over but UK is doing everything it can to help Hurricane Irma victims: Boris Johnson’s article
- UK government actions update
- UK military provides relief to the Caribbean through Operation Ruman
- UK government matches public donations to British Red Cross Appeal
- Prime Minister’s statement following the COBR meeting
- International Development Secretary: more than 20 tonnes of UK aid on its way to the Caribbean
- Foreign Secretary’s update
- Prime Minister announces £32 million support
- International Development Secretary’s update on UK support
- Sir Alan Duncan’s statement to the House of Commons on the UK government response
- Foreign Secretary’s statement on Anguilla and the British Virgin Islands
- Prime Minister’s call with President Macron
- International Development Secretary’s statement on support from UK aid experts and British naval ship RFA Mounts Bay
Watch an overview of the UK government’s preparation for Hurricane Maria in the UK Overseas Territories
Published: 6 September 2017
Updated: 24 September 2017
- Extra UK aid to Dominica following deadly Hurricane Maria
- Cuba travel advice updated
- Sir Alan Duncan's update added
- travel advice for Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Haiti updated
- Update on Government response to Hurricane Irma and Maria added
- Ministerial statements on Hurricane Maria added
- Updated with latest travel advice in advance of Hurricane Maria
- Lord Ahmad's visit to Turks and Caicos, and latest numbers added
- UK aid update added
- update on Hurricane Irma British Red Cross Appeal
- Update on Foreign Secretary's visit added
- Added latest facts and figures update
- Added update on aid
- Sir Alan Duncan's Commons statement added.
- Added International Development Secretary's update
- Added Foreign Secretary's visit to hurricane hit islands.
- Added Foreign Secretary's interview with media and post-COBR meeting statement.
- Foreign Secretary's interview on BBC Radio 4 Today programme added.
- Added the Foreign Secretary's post-COBR meeting statement
- Added Foreign Secretary's article and UK government actions update
- New MOD story added
- Change to number
- Prime Minister's post-COBR statement added
- added travel advice for the Bahamas
- Added Foreign Secretary's latest statement
- Added Prime Minister's statement and International Development Secretary's update.
- Latest ministerial statements added
- First published.
Part of: Anguilla Barbados British Virgin Islands Cuba Dominican Republic Montserrat Turks and Caicos Islands USA Antigua and Barbuda Bahamas Dominica Haiti St Kitts and Nevis St Vincent and The Grenadines St Lucia Bonaire/St Eustatius/Saba Guadeloupe Martinique St Maarten