On this page
Planning application forms: templates for local planning authorities
This collection brings together planning application form templates for local planning authorities to use when producing their own versions.
Environmental impact assessment screening checklist
To help ensure that an authority giving development consent for a project makes its decision knowing the likely effects on the environment.
Tree preservation order appeal form
Form for appeals against decisions issued by councils in respect of applications for consent to cut down or carry out work on a tree protected by a tree preservation order.
High hedge appeal form
Local authorities (councils) have the power to deal with complaints about high hedges, this form is to appeal against the council's decision.
Apply for an award of appeal costs: application form
All parties involved in an appeal are expected to cover their own expenses but anyone involved in the appeal can ask that one party pays some or all of another party’s costs.
Guidance and regulation
- Permitted development rights for householders: technical guidance
- When is permission required?
- Tree Preservation Orders and trees in conservation areas
- Pavement licences: guidance
- Construction working hours: guidance
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Planning Inspectorate Statistics
- Spatial planning and health: Getting Research into Practice (GRIP)
- Section 106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy in England, 2016 to 2017: report of study
- Community Infrastructure Levy review: report to government
- Aggregate minerals survey for England and Wales, 2014
Policy papers and consultations
- Proposed reforms to permitted development rights to support the deployment of 5G and extend mobile coverage
- Compulsory community pre-application consultation for shale gas development
- Permitted development for shale gas exploration
- Fire safety: clarification of statutory guidance (Approved Document B)
- Act Paper: report on compliance with timetables for planning decisions and confirming compulsory purchase orders 2018 to 2019
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Natural England’s response times to planning consultations in England
- Planning Inspectorate spending over £250: September 2018
- The Planning Inspectorate Framework Document
- Planning Inspectorate spending over £250: August 2017
- Planning Inspectorate spending over £250: July 2017