Planning application forms: templates for local planning authorities
This collection brings together planning application form templates for local planning authorities to use when producing their own versions.
Environmental impact assessment screening checklist
To help ensure that an authority giving development consent for a project makes its decision knowing the likely effects on the environment.
Tree preservation order appeal form
Form for appeals against decisions issued by councils in respect of applications for consent to cut down or carry out work on a tree protected by a tree preservation order.
Purchase notices served under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
Application form and guidance on the purpose of purchase notices, how it works and listed buildings and conservation areas
High hedge appeal form
Local authorities (councils) have the power to deal with complaints about high hedges, this form is to appeal against the council's decision.
Guidance and regulation
- First Homes
- Permitted development rights for householders: technical guidance
- When is permission required?
- Tree Preservation Orders and trees in conservation areas
- Community Infrastructure Levy
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Planning Inspectorate Quarterly and Annual Volume Statistics
- Spatial planning and health: Getting Research into Practice (GRIP)
- Section 106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy in England, 2018 to 2019: report of study
- Section 106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy in England, 2016 to 2017: report of study
- Community Infrastructure Levy review: report to government
Policy papers and consultations
- Technical consultation on consequential changes to permitted development rights
- Changes to permitted development rights for electronic communications infrastructure: technical consultation
- Supporting housing delivery and public service infrastructure
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Model Design Code: consultation proposals
- Hazardous substances: provisional planning framework
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Planning Inspectorate Customer Charter
- Board meeting minutes 12 August 2020 - The Planning Inspectorate
- Natural England’s response times to planning consultations in England
- Planning Inspectorate spending over £250: September 2018
- The Planning Inspectorate Framework Document