Professional services if you are abroad

Find English-speaking lawyers, doctors and medical providers, interpreters and translators, and funeral directors overseas.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) provides lists of English-speaking service providers in many countries to help British nationals who may need support abroad. 

You can find providers by:

  • country, or a more specific location
  • the type of services they offer 

All providers on the lists have confirmed that they offer services in English. The FCDO reviews providers annually to ensure their information is as up-to-date as possible.

About this information

This information is impartial, and none of these service providers are recommended by the FCDO. You should do you own research before deciding which provider to use. Before you contact a provider independently, you should also check if any insurance policies will pay for the service you need.


Find a lawyer abroad with a particular area of legal expertise. 

Doctors and medical facilities

Find a doctor, medical practitioner or facility abroad to access healthcare.

Interpreters and translators

Find a local translator or interpreter abroad for language services to and from English. 

Funeral directors

Find a funeral director abroad for local funeral services or international repatriation (the process of bringing the body home) to the UK.


Read the disclaimer relating to this guidance.

Published 14 June 2022
Last updated 26 October 2022 + show all updates
  1. Updated links for funeral directors and for translators and interpreters

  2. First published.