Living in Sweden

Guidance on EU Exit changes, accessing healthcare, getting a document legalised, English-speaking lawyers and how to vote abroad.

  1. Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  2. Get your document legalised

    Use the online service to get a UK document legalised

  3. Living in Sweden

    Official information British people moving to and living in Sweden need to know, including EU Exit guidance, registering, residency and healthcare.

  4. Support for British nationals abroad: A guide

    This guide highlights some of the main ways you can help yourself stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide.

  5. Sweden travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Sweden including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  6. Sweden: lawyers

    List of English-speaking lawyers for British nationals in Sweden.

  7. Sweden: medical facilities and practitioners

    List of English-speaking medical facilities and practitioners for British nationals in Sweden.

  8. Sweden: translators

    List of translators and interpreters for British nationals in Sweden.

  9. UK benefits if you're going or living abroad

    Find out what benefits you might be able to receive while you're abroad and how to export them from the UK or claim them while abroad

  10. Voting when you’re abroad

    How to vote if you're going to be abroad temporarily on election day, and what to do if you're moving overseas long term