Living in Italy

Guidance on EU Exit changes, accessing healthcare, getting a document legalised, English-speaking lawyers and how to vote abroad.

  1. Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  2. Get your document legalised

    Use the online service to get a UK document legalised

  3. Italy travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Italy including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  4. Italy: doctors

    List of English-speaking doctors for British nationals in Italy.

  5. Italy: lawyers

    Lists of English-speaking lawyers and notaries for British nationals in Italy.

  6. Italy: translators

    List of translators and interpreters for British nationals in Italy.

  7. Living in Italy

    Official information British people moving to and living in Italy need to know, including EU Exit guidance, residency, healthcare and driving.

  8. Rape and sexual assault in Italy: information for victims

    Information for British nationals who are victims of rape and sexual assault in Italy.

  9. Support for British nationals abroad: A guide

    This guide highlights some of the main ways you can help yourself stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide.

  10. UK benefits if you're going or living abroad

    Find out what benefits you might be able to receive while you're abroad and how to export them from the UK or claim them while abroad

  11. UK nationals living in the EU: essential information

    Information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) and European Free Trade Area (EFTA), and Switzerland.

  12. Voting when you’re abroad

    How to vote if you're going to be abroad temporarily on election day, and what to do if you're moving overseas long term