Living in Germany

Includes how to access healthcare, get a document legalised, lists of lawyers and how to vote abroad.

  1. Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  2. Frequently Asked Questions / Häufige Fragen

    Guidance on common enquiries in English and German

  3. Germany - list of medical practitioners/facilities

    List of English -speaking medical facilities/practitioners in Germany.

  4. Germany - list of translators and interpreters

    List of translators and interpreters in Germany.

  5. Germany travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Germany including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  6. Germany – list of lawyers and notaries public

    Lists of English-speaking lawyers and notaries public in Germany.

  7. Get your document legalised

    Use the online service to get a UK document legalised

  8. Living in Germany

    Official information British people moving to and living in Germany need to know, including residency, healthcare and driving.

  9. Support for British nationals abroad: A guide

    This guide highlights some of the main ways you can help yourself stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide.

  10. Voting when you’re abroad

    How to vote if you're going to be abroad temporarily on election day, and what to do if you're moving overseas long term