Register to vote
Get on the electoral register so you can vote in elections and referendums.
Call charges and phone numbers
Call costs for 0800, 0808, 0845, 0870, 03 and other phone numbers from UK landlines and mobiles.
The electoral register and the 'open register'
Getting on the electoral register, what happens if you do not register to vote, registering in more than one place, how to opt out of the 'open register', registering anonymously and how to view the electoral register
Contact your local Electoral Registration Office
Contact your local council's Electoral Registration Office if you have a question about registering to vote
Identity cards have been scrapped - what to do if you still have one, biometric residence permits, identity cards for foreign nationals
Guidance and regulation
- When do the clocks change?
- Legislative process: taking a bill through Parliament
- How to buy print copies of official documents
- UK Treaties
- Guidance on devolution
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Student Electoral Registration Condition Evaluation Report
- Voter identification: photographic ID ownership in Great Britain
- Public Appointments: Annual Report for Northern Ireland, 2017/18
- Electoral Law: A joint final report
- Evaluation of voter ID pilots 2019
Policy papers and consultations
- Transparency in digital campaigning: technical consultation on digital imprints
- Elections Bill 2021: Summary factsheet
- Local Voting Rights for EU Citizens Living in the UK
- May 2021 Elections - Joint statement from the UK Government, Scottish Government and Welsh Government
- Terms of Reference for the Interministerial Group for Elections and Registration
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Government response to 'Regulating Election Finance'
- Democratic Engagement: Respecting, Protecting and Promoting Our Democracy
- Atlas of Democratic Variation
- Allocation of funds for Individual Electoral Reform transition
- Department for Education open data strategy: June 2012