How secondary schools should nominate pupils for the Future Scholar Awards university visits.
The Future Scholar Awards (previously known as Dux awards) give up to 5 year 9 pupils, from every state-funded secondary school in England, a chance to visit a Russell Group university. The attending pupils will be accompanied by at least 1 teacher.
The scheme is aimed at high-achieving pupils, to encourage those who may not have considered applying to a top university, to do so. It will be particularly useful for pupils who are:
- from low-income backgrounds
- entitled to the pupil premium
- in care
- from families without a history of higher education
The aim of the scheme is to:
- provide real-life experience of what studying at university is like
- encourage schools with little experience of their students going to study at universities to consider this as a realistic option for pupils
- provide practical information to help teachers support and encourage pupils’ university applications
- give schools and teachers an opportunity to establish links with universities
Registration for the 2014 Future Scholar Awards scheme has now closed. Visits to Russell Group universities will be taking place throughout the summer term. An evaluation of the 2014 scheme will be carried out to inform any future developments. More information about the Future Scholar Awards is available.
If you require any assistance, please use the registration helpline details below.
Future Scholar Awards helpline
Telephone 020 8481 3317