• Income Tax allowances, rates and bands

    Personal Allowance and age-related allowances, Income Tax rates and thresholds

  • Claim Income Tax reliefs

    You can get Income Tax back or pay less tax if you're self employed, pay your own work expenses, make pension contributions or donate to charity

  • Why you're on an emergency tax code

    Why you might pay Income Tax through your wages and pension on an emergency tax code, what it means and how it will be put right

  • Tax codes

    What tax codes are, when and why you get one, how they're worked out and when they might change

  • What to do when you get a P800 tax calculation

    What your tax calculation from HM Revenue & Customs means and what you need to do with it

  • Claim a tax refund

    How to get your money back if you've paid too much Income Tax

  • Income Tax

    Income Tax is a tax you pay on your earnings - find out about what it is, how you pay and how to check you're paying the right amount

  • Calculate tax on company cars

    As an employer, if you provide company cars or fuel for your employees' private use, you'll need to work out the taxable value so you can report this to HMRC

  • PAYE forms: P45, P60, P11D

    What you need to do with P45, P60, P11D forms - and how to get replacements

  • Taxable income

    The types of income and state benefits that you may have to pay Income Tax on and what you can get tax-free

  • Blind Person's Allowance

    Blind Person's Allowance is an extra amount you can earn before paying tax - what you'll get, eligibility, how to apply and how to transfer your allowance

  • Calculate your Married Couple's Allowance

    Work out whether you can claim Married Couple's Allowance (MCA) and find out how much you could get taken off your tax bill

  • Get help with tax

    Getting help with tax returns, allowances, tax codes, filling in forms and what to do if you owe HMRC

  • Get your tax right if you retire abroad or return to the UK

    How to make sure you pay the right tax if you retire abroad or return to the UK after living abroad

  • Married Couple's Allowance

    Married Couple’s Allowance reduces your tax bill - what you'll get, eligibility and applying

  • Reporting your tax code as wrong

    How to tell HM Revenue and Customs that your tax code isn't right - National Insurance number, PAYE, payslip

  • Tax and Employee Share Schemes

    Tax advantages on government-approved employee share schemes including Share Incentive Plans, Save As You Earn, Company Share Option Plans and Enterprise Management Incentives

  • Tax and National Insurance after State Pension age

    Age-related tax allowance, calculating tax if you carry on working, National Insurance payments

  • Tax on buying and selling shares

    You may have to pay Stamp Duty Reserve Tax or Capital Gains Tax if you buy, sell or give away shares

  • Tax on company benefits

    What company benefits you'll pay tax on, eg company cars, low-interest loans and accommodation, and what company benefits are tax-free, eg childcare.

  • Tax on dividends

    How you're taxed on dividend payments and how your income affects the amount of tax to pay

  • Tax on savings interest

    You can get savings interest tax-free or at a lower rate if you're on a low income - but if you're on a high income you must pay extra tax

  • Tax tribunal

    Appeal to the tax tribunal - the First-tier Tribunal (Tax) - against tax decisions: how to appeal, the hearing, if you lose your case