You may be able to get a tax refund (rebate) if you’ve paid too much tax. Use this tool to find out what you need to do if you paid too much on:
- pay from a job
- job expenses such as working from home, fuel, work clothing or tools
- a pension
- a Self Assessment tax return
- a redundancy payment
- UK income if you live abroad
- interest from savings or payment protection insurance (PPI)
- income from a life or pension annuity
- foreign income
You cannot claim a refund using this tool.
If you’ve already claimed a tax refund, check when you can expect a reply.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).