Once your Income Tax has been calculated, you’ll be able to use this service to check how much you paid from 6 April 2016 to 5 April 2017.
You can’t use this service until your tax has been calculated. This happens between June and October.
If you didn’t pay the right amount of tax, you can also use the service to:
- see why you paid too much or too little
- arrange a refund - if your P800 tax calculation says you can do this online
- find out how HMRC will collect any money that you owe
What you’ll need
Make sure you have:
- your National Insurance number
- your P60 or a recent payslip
Before you start
Signing in also takes you to your personal tax account, where you can find other HMRC services.
Check for other years
There’s a different way to check how much Income Tax you’re paying this tax year.
For the 2015 to 2016 tax year and earlier, use the tax checker to work out how much you should have paid.