Use this service to estimate how much Income Tax and National Insurance you should pay for the current tax year (6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019).
This tells you your take-home pay if you don’t have any other deductions, such as pension contributions or student loans.
If you’re self-employed, the self-employed ready reckoner tool can help you budget for your tax bill.
You may be able to claim a refund if you’ve paid too much tax.
Start now on the HMRC website
Before you start
You can’t get an estimate online if:
- you’re not a pay as you earn (PAYE) taxpayer
- your only income is from self employment or state benefits, such as State Pension
- you contribute to a pension scheme through your employer
- you’re repaying a student loan
If you have more than one job, use the calculator once for each job.
There are different ways to:
- check your Income Tax payments for the current year
- check how much you paid last year (6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018)
- estimate how much you should have paid in a previous year