On this page
Pre-planning application enquiry form (preliminary opinion)
Use this form to request pre-planning application advice.
Foul drainage assessment form (FDA1)
This form may be used as part of a planning application that incorporates a proposed non-mains foul drainage system.
Registration of your ground source heating and cooling system
This form is for the registration of low risk ground source heating and cooling systems as exempt from the need for an environmental permit.
Planning and marine licence advice: Environment Agency standard terms and conditions
Standard terms and conditions that apply to our charged planning and marine licence advice service.
Application for new ground source or surface water source heating and cooling scheme: part B8
Complete if you are applying for an environmental permit and full abstraction licence for a ground source or surface water source heating and cooling scheme.
Guidance and regulation
- Smart meters: a guide
- Air-conditioning inspections for buildings
- Heat network metering and billing regulations: compliance and guidance
- Energy Performance Certificates for the marketing, sale and let of dwellings
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 Section 215: best practice guidance
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates in England and Wales: 2008 to June 2019
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates in England and Wales: 2008 to March 2019
- Energy Performance of Buildings Directive: second cost optimal assessment
- Energy Performance of Buildings Certificates in England and Wales: 2018 to September 2018
- RHI deployment data: August 2018
Policy papers and consultations
- Building a market for energy efficiency: call for evidence
- Reform of the Green Deal Framework: call for evidence
- The Non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive: further proposed amendments
- The Renewable Heat Incentive: A reformed and refocused scheme
- Making better use of energy performance of buildings data: privacy impact assessment
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- ECO and Green Deal Report 2014
- Written off loans to energy efficiency companies
- Hazardous waste management facilities: review of incidents
- Energy Performance Certificate rating of residential properties