• Take your employer to an employment tribunal

    Employee guide for taking a claim to an employment tribunal - claim form, hearing, if you lose your case, appeals, fees

  • Being taken to an employment tribunal by an employee

    Employer guide to employment tribunals - the hearing, your responsibilities, compensation and appeals

  • Jury service

    Getting and responding to a jury summons including - taking time off work, expenses, the trial, the Jury Central Summoning Bureau

  • Going to court as a victim or witness

    How to get help if you're going to court as a victim or witness, claiming for expenses and the support available in the courtroom

  • Court and tribunal fees

    Pay a civil or family court fee or tribunal fee, and fees if you're on a low income or getting benefits

  • Antisocial Behaviour Order (ASBO)

    What happens if you're given an Antisocial Behaviour Order (ASBO) for causing harm, harassment, alarm or distress - being barred from certain places and people, and punishment, fines and detention for breaking the order

  • Tax tribunal

    Appeal to the tax tribunal - the First-tier Tribunal (Tax) - against tax decisions: how to appeal, the hearing, if you lose your case

  • Appeal against a visa or immigration decision

    When and how you can appeal against a visa or immigration decision if your application has been refused - appealing to the immigration and asylum tribunal, fees, forms, what happens at a hearing, what to do if you lose your case, asking for an administrative review

  • Appeal or dispute a sentence or conviction

    Appealing against or disputing a magistrates' court or Crown Court conviction or sentence - including what happens if your case goes to the Court of Appeal

  • Being charged with a crime

    What happens when you are charged with a crime and told you have to go to court - bail, remand, custody

  • Check if you can get legal aid

    Find out if you can get legal aid, which can help pay for legal advice, family mediation or representation in court or at a tribunal if you can’t afford it

  • Community sentences

    You may get a community sentence if you’re convicted of a crime by a court but are not sent to prison - find out about Community Payback, treatment programmes, restorative justice and sentences for young people.

  • Complain about a judge, magistrate, tribunal member or coroner

    Complain if you're unhappy with the behaviour, language or conduct of a judge, magistrate, tribunal member or coroner

  • Complain about a legal adviser

    Follow your legal adviser's complaints procedure or contact the Legal Ombudsman

  • Complain about a low Crown Court sentence

    How to complain to the Attorney General's Office if you think someone's sentence is too low - and what happens if the Court of Appeal get involved

  • Criminal courts

    The different types of court - magistrates' court, Crown Court and youth court - the crimes they deal with and the level of sentences they can give

  • Delete a historic conviction

    Apply to the Home Office to get a historical conviction, caution, warning or reprimand for consensual gay sex deleted from the record

  • Drinking Banning Order (DBO)

    What happens if you're given a Drinking Banning Order (DBO) for breaking the law or causing problems while drinking alcohol - and the penalty for breaking it.

  • Drugs penalties

    The penalties if you are caught taking or dealing drugs - drug classification, fines and prison sentences

  • Employment tribunals public enquiry line

    Contact information for enquiries about employment tribunals

  • How sentences are worked out

    If you are found guilty of a crime, your sentence will depend on a number of factors, including the type, seriousness and circumstances of the crime.

  • Legal aid

    Legal aid helps pay for legal advice, mediation or representation in court - see if you can claim

  • Mental health tribunal

    Appealing to a mental health tribunal if someone is sectioned: how to appeal, what happens at a hearing and what to do if you lose your case

  • Pay a court fine online

    Pay your court fine online or by telephone using a credit or debit card - notice of fine, enforcement action, fixed penalty or parking fines, parking tickets

  • Represent yourself in court

    You have the right to speak for yourself in court without a solicitor or legal professional

  • Residential Property Tribunal

    How to use the Residential Property Tribunal to appeal against a rent increase decision, changes to a lease or a decision about a council house, park home or caravan in England.

  • Social Security and Child Support Tribunal

    Social Security and Child Support Tribunal - benefit appeal hearings, tribunal hearings, travel expenses, if you lose your appeal

  • Special educational needs and disability tribunal

    How to appeal to the special educational needs tribunal to get extra help to support your child in school

Additional detailed guidance from government departments