If you’re unhappy with a decision made by a magistrates’ court, you can challenge it or ask for it to be reviewed.

You can talk to your legal representative (if you have one) or get help from a legal adviser before challenging a magistrates’ court decision.

Get your fine reviewed

You can get your fine or payment terms reviewed if you’re struggling to pay the fine you’ve been given.

Ask the court to reopen your case

You can ask the court to reopen the case:

Appeal to the Crown Court

If you were able to plead guilty or not guilty, but you still disagree with the decision that was made, you can appeal to the Crown Court.