Appeal a decision by the immigration and asylum tribunal


You can appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if you think there’s a legal mistake with a decision made by the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber).

The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.

Help you can get

You can get help and advice from a solicitor or regulated immigration adviser.

You can also contact Citizens Advice.

You may be able to get legal aid.

Read the guide on representing yourself if you’re not going to have a legal representative.

You may be able to get asylum support, eg housing and money, while you’re waiting to find out if you’ll be given asylum.

Contact the tribunal if you have any questions about your appeal. The tribunal can not give you legal advice.

Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 123 1711
Minicom: +44 (0) 300 123 1264
Fax: +44 (0) 870 324 0095
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges