Legislation and previous decisions
Read the rules the tribunal must follow and its decisions on previous cases.
The Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) must follow the rules and process in the The Tribunal Procedure (Upper Tribunal) Rules 2008.
The tribunal has issued additional guidance on certain issues:
The tribunal will make a decision based on legislation, including the:
- Immigration Act 1971
- Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
- Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
- Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007
- UK Borders Act 2007
- Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009
- Immigration Rules
- Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006
You can search for decisions made in other cases.