Complain if you’re unhappy with the behaviour, language or conduct of a judge, magistrate, tribunal member or coroner.

You must make your complaint within 3 months of an incident.

You can’t complain about court decisions or sentences, there’s a different process for appealing.


Contact the Tribunal President for the tribunal you went to eg employment tribunal or immigration tribunal.

Magistrates’ court

Contact the advisory committee for the area your court is in. You can ask a member of staff at court if you’re not sure which advisory committee to contact.

Judges sitting in other courts eg Crown Court judges, coroners and district judges

You can complain online on the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office (JCIO) website.

You can also download the form and post it to JCIO.

Judicial Conduct Investigations Office
81-82 Queens Building
Royal Courts of Justice

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.