You can appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) if you think a legal mistake was made in an employment tribunal case.

For example, you could appeal if it:

  • got the law wrong
  • did not apply the correct law
  • did not follow the correct procedures and this affected the decision
  • had no evidence to support its decision
  • was unfairly biased towards the other party

Get legal advice if you’re unsure about this.

EAT is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.

Before you appeal

Ask the employment tribunal to send you the reasons for the decision, if you do not already have them. You can continue your appeal while you wait for them.

Help with your appeal

Read the rules that EAT follows when making decisions.

You can also get free legal advice from Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Scotland.

Contact EAT

Contact the enquiry line for more information.

EAT public enquiry line
Telephone: 020 7273 1041 (England and Wales)
Telephone: 0131 225 3963 (Scotland)
Find out about call charges