- Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Department of Health Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK Trade & Investment, The Rt Hon David Cameron, The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, The Rt Hon Maria Miller, The Rt Hon Owen Paterson, The Rt Hon Hugo Swire , and The Rt Hon David Willetts
- Part of:
- Exports and inward investment, UK prosperity and security: Asia, Latin America and Africa, and China
- 1 December 2013
- Last updated:
- 3 December 2013, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Prime Minister David Cameron, accompanied by 6 government ministers, is leading a trade mission to China this week.
See how the UK trade delegation is striking deals and winning business: Prime Minister’s trade mission to China 2013
Meetings and announcements
The British business delegation has struck deals worth £5.6 billion on the trip. Other news and announcements include:
- UK campaign to become China’s most welcoming tourist destination
- New cultural agreement leads to closer co-operation between Britain and China
- Multimillion boost to UK economy as healthcare trade deals with China sealed
- David Cameron champions EU free trade deal with China
- Football deal kicks off trade mission to China
Over the course of the 3 day visit, Prime Minister David Cameron will:
- hold meetings with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang
- meet with Chinese investors and showcase British businesses
- engage with Chinese students and civil society representatives
For the latest updates, follow us on Twitter:
For updates in Mandarin, follow the Prime Minister on Weibo:
Priorities for the visit
The visit is focused on:
- building a long-term relationship between Britain and China based on mutual understanding and respect for mutual benefit
- partnership - an open Britain is the ideal partner for an opening China
- tackling 21st century challenges, from sustainable urbanisation to educating the next generation to meeting the elderly’s healthcare needs
Linking Britain to fast growing markets like China is a vital part of the government’s plan to secure the recovery for all. We are determined to do all we can to throw open the door for British companies to benefit from China’s vast and varied markets, showcasing British business, particularly small enterprises, in China and highlighting investment opportunities.
Read more about how we are growing the UK economy.
This visit is about planting the seeds of a long-term relationship which will benefit China, Britain and the world for generations to come.
The ministers in China with the Prime Minister are:
- Secretary of State for Health - Jeremy Hunt
- Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs - Owen Paterson
- Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport - Maria Miller
- Minister of State for Universities and Science - David Willetts
- Minister of State for Trade and Investment - Ian Livingston
- Minister of State at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office - Hugo Swire
A range of business leaders also join the Prime Minister on the visit.
PDF, 103KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 1 December 2013
Updated: 3 December 2013
- New announcements and business delegation Storify content added.
- Added translation
- Latest announcements added
- First published.
From: Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street Department for Business, Innovation & Skills Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs Department of Health Foreign & Commonwealth Office UK Trade & Investment The Rt Hon David Cameron The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP The Rt Hon Maria Miller The Rt Hon Owen Paterson The Rt Hon Hugo Swire The Rt Hon David Willetts