The Rt Hon Maria Miller MP
Maria Miller was appointed as Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport in September 2012. She was elected Conservative MP for Basingstoke on 5 May 2005.
Maria was educated at Brynteg Comprehensive School, Bridgend and the London School of Economics. After graduating, she worked in marketing and as a company director at Grey Advertising Ltd and The Rowland Company.
She served as Shadow Minister for Education between 2005 and 2006, as Shadow Minister for Family Welfare between 2006 and 2007 and as Shadow Minister for Families from 2007 to 2010.
In May 2010 she was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Disabled People.
Maria is married with 3 children.
Previous roles in government
- Imperial War Museum funding settlement letters
- Science Museum Group funding settlement letters
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: human rights internationally
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: communications and telecomms
- Design Museum funding settlement letters
- People’s History Museum funding settlement letters
- Equal pay audits: a further consultation
- Resignation of Maria Miller MP
- Nuisance calls action plan unveiled
- Secondary Analysis of the Gender Pay Gap